|OCTOBER 11, 2010
||This week, DAVIS Construction will:|
During the week of October 18 through 22, DAVIS is scheduled to work on:
- complete minor punch list items in the Residence Hall
- finish installing the rubber flooring and lockers in the Fitness Room
- install roof scuppers on the Academic Building
- paint the 2nd and 3rd Levels of the Academic Building
- install VCT and carpet flooring on the G1, 2nd, and 3rd Levels of the Academic Building
- install lab casework on the 3rd Level of the Academic Building
- install the Pedestrian Bridge skylight roofing over Yorktown Boulevard
- begin installation of the Clock Tower clocks
- install stone veneer, concrete base, and pavers at the Octagon entrance (corner of Old Dominion Drive and 26th Street)
- installing streetlights and trees along Old Dominion Drive
- interior finishes in the Academic Building
- installation of the remaining landscaping and sitework along Old Dominion Drive
Traffic congestion during these two weeks will be MINOR, with just a few deliveries being made to the site. One lane along Old Dominion Drive will be closed from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday, to allow for completion of the remaining sitework. All required signage and barriers will be utilized.
30-Day Look Ahead: October 2010
This month, DAVIS and its subcontractors will be performing the following work:
- Building Façades: Clock tower clock installation; finishing EIFS on roof; cleaning of precast panels and windows on Academic Building; installation of skylight roof on Pedestrian Bridge.
- Building Interiors:
- Residence Hall - minor punchlist items; building is now occupied.
- Academic Building - installation of VCT flooring on G1 and 3rd Levels; ceiling close-in inspections on all levels; interior finishes on the 2nd & 3rd Levels; Café interior stone and millwork to begin mid-month
- Site Improvement: Completion of the remaining stone veneer and walkway construction at the corner of Old Dominion Drive and 26th Street; installation of streetlights and tree plantings along Old Dominion Drive.
Traffic conditions this month will be minimally congested with the only disruptions being some laboratory casework deliveries (four truck deliveries scheduled this month). Work will continue along Old Dominion Drive per VDOT Traffic Control Standards between the hours of 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
DAVIS and its subcontractors will have approximately 25 to 30 workers on site each day to the finish the remaining work on the project. All workers will be utilizing the new parking garage on site, G4 Level only.