Sunday, May 8, 2011
D.A.R. Constitution Hall
18th and D Streets, NW, Washington, DC
line-up time: 9 a.m.
ceremony begins: 10 a.m.
line-up time: 1 p.m.
ceremony begins: 2 p.m.
For all graduating students
Commencement is an important and memorable occasion for graduates and their families. Leaving before the ceremonies have ended is disruptive and disrespectful of others. All graduates should plan to remain in their seats until Commencement is concluded.
If needed, please direct disability access or other accommodation requests (e.g., sign language interpretation) to Disability Support Services at (703) 284-1615.
DAR Constitution Hall Regulations
There are certain rules and regulations established by our host, Constitution Hall, over which we have no control. We ask you to comply with these to ensure a successful event for everyone. Ushers provided by Constitution Hall will see that these regulations are strictly enforced.
• Tickets are required for all guests. Children 3 years of age and older must have a ticket to enter.
• Graduates and faculty must have academic attire to be admitted.
• The Hall will be closed to visitors once the ceremony begins.
• Professional photography is provided; thus, no cameras are permitted.
• Videotaping can be done only from designated areas.
• Guest seating in the Hall will not be available before 9 a.m. for the Undergraduate Ceremony or before 1 p.m. for the Graduate Ceremony.
Please direct any inquiries about Commencement to (703) 284-1550 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.